Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Featured Place to Stay: The Capt. Lindsey House

Rave reviews always surround this well known Rockland Inn. I have not stayed here, but I plan to this year if I can.

The Lindsey House is owned and operated by Ken and Ellen Barnes who recently retired after 25 years at the helm of Schooner Stephen Taber, but still run the inn.

Ellen is one of the best cooks in midcoast Maine and she and her husband are famously entertaining.

Decor at the inn is heavily Scottish, which I highly approve of.

Prices range from about $100 to $200 and they offer discounts for windjammer sailors. They also have special sea/shore packages with Stephen Taber, which is now helmed by son Noah Barnes and his wife Jane. Captain Lindsey House Link

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

The Belgium waffles are the best! And the staff there is the best!

( I use to work here and its one of my favorite B&B's in the area because its not all frilly and victorian...not that there is anything wrong with that, I just like the old world, comfort, and history this Inn has!)